Sunday, March 30, 2014

Look Up To The Sky




Inspired by a conversation with my wife, here's a post that's a bit more thoughtful than usual (not a coincidence!):

In the face of failures, disappointment, resentment, despair, and worry why is our most instinctive reaction to look up to the endless boundaries of the skies? I don’t know, but I ask why? 

From my two and a half meager decades on Earth I gather that people fear the unknown, but they are also able to find comfort in it. 

We've all had our moments, the ups and downs, unexpected loss and unexpected bliss and though we don’t always understand why things happen we collectively agree that the answers must be somewhere out there in the depths of never ending space.

As you can tell this post is more about the human emotion rather than science (yes…guys have emotions too! I mean a little prodding is usually required...)




The hues of the skies appear differently to all of us. Perhaps those who lay on a bed of prickly grass seek to find an answer or a message from those unreachable to us. We may believe that the depths of space are home to a species greater than ours, one which has all the answers. Or maybe we gaze at the skies to find our own answers, each one of us, looking through a different lens.

It is mind blowing to realize that the sky is the one and only thing the world truly shares, without partitions or borders. Just one boundless atmosphere.  

I leave you with a view from my apartment window; an example of how the sky is always there





No comments:

Post a Comment